Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
01-09-20, 03:46 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
Andrew,

The Element-S display will function as a Chartplotter/Fishfinder display when interfaced to the aforementioned CPT-S Transducer and a compatible chart card is present within the display's memory card reader. The Element displays have additional capabilities beyond Chartplotter/Fishfinder features (ex. radar, engine monitoring, etc.) when interfaced to the corresponding accessories. When interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which an i50 Depth instrument has also been interfaced as a spur, then the i50 Depth instrument can repeat depth data from the Element display. Should the aforementioned backbone have been constructed Raymarine's SeaTalkng networking components, one the following adaption options may be used to interface an Element display as a spur to a spur socket within the backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Should the system feature Raymarine's i50 Speed and i60 Wind instruments and should these items also have each been interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned backbone, then wind and speed through water (STW) data may be shared with the Element-S display to support the Sailing Dials feature supported by LightHouse Sport v3.10.10 (the software which runs on the Element displays). This would also permit wind and STW data to be available to the Element display to permit the corresponding data items to be displayed and to support other features which utilize these data items (ex. True Wind calculation, etc.).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-09-20 03:46 PM