Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
01-13-20, 04:35 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
Andrew,

I have to admit, the combinations and permutations which you are suggesting may be becoming a bit challenging to keep track of.

Q1a. I want to see true wind speed on wind instrument and be able to hold course based on apparent wind angle. To do this I would need ST60 wind to read I50 speed data, correct?
A1a. Correct.

Q1b. Will these 2 work together?
A1b. Yes ... recommend that the i50 Speed be interfaced to the backbone and that the and ST60 Wind be interfaced to the system via the SeaTalk port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q2. Can I replace (do I need to) replace ST60 wind with I60 wind and still maintain Autohelm ST4000?
Q2. So ... the ST4000 is back in the system again??? If it will be interfaced to the system for wind ... or for track data, it will need to be interfaced to the system in the manner which I had specified within my last response (i.e. wind data, as well as navigational data will be sent to the ST4000 via NMEA 0183 communications. This will also permit the Element display to receive wind data to support its wind based features. This would require that an Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG be installed as a spur and that it be interfaced to the ST4000's NMEA 0183 input terminals. The ST4000 would be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus.

Q3. I would like to see true/apparent wind speed and direction on Element. Also speed over ground and speed through the water.
A3. See my response to Q1 and Q2.

Q4. Speed and depth transducers could optionally be connected to backbone, correct?
A4. Should a fishfinder transducer be installed, then it will need to be directly interfaced to the Element S display's Transducer port. Should an i50 Speed instrument be installed within the system which you have specified, then an analog instrument speed transducer would need to be installed and it would need to be directly interfaced to the i50 Speed instrument's terminals. Should the CPT-S transducer not be installed and an i50 Depth be installed, then an analog instrument depth transducer will need be installed and would need to be directly interfaced to the i50 Depth instrument's terminals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-13-20 04:35 PM