Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
01-14-20, 12:18 AM
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
Hi Check,

My apologies for the confusion.

New boat had ST60 wind and ST4000 Autohelm (connected to compass device).

I have I60 wind (and transducer) I50 depth and I50 speed (and impeller) from old boat.

I am attempting to integrate my "I" instruments with "ST" instruments and add the Element and integrating everything, including fish finder capabilities, as much as reasonably possible.

I have attached an updated diagram based on your suggestions....

1. I have replaced ST60 wind with I60 wind
2. I have added power supply so power now runs to 5 way connector in addition to the Element
3. I have added Actisense converter to interface with ST4000 Autohelm with 5 way connector
4. I have added terminator plugs at either end of the 5 way connectors

Provided that this latest diagram checks out my only remaining question (famous last words) is will the original wind vane / transducer that comes with the original ST60 wind instrument work with the newer I60 wind instrument. I have the vane / transducer for I60 but may not be able to get up the mast to replace just yet. I am hoping the original cable will work.

Hopefully I can leave you in peace after this thanks so much for all your help!

Regards,

Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-20, 09:19 AM
Andy,

Diagram comments:
- the SeaTalk connection between the i60 and ST4000 should be removed or a data loop will be created. The ST4000 will receive wind data from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the NMEA 0183 data bridge.

Q1. is will the original wind vane / transducer that comes with the original ST60 wind instrument work with the newer I60 wind instrument. I have the vane / transducer for I60 but may not be able to get up the mast to replace just yet. I am hoping the original cable will work.
A1. The wind transducer specified for use with the i60 Wind instrument and iTC-5 is identical to that which had been specified for use with the legacy ST60/ST60+ Wind instrument and ST70 Speed Pod. Should the currently installed wind transducer look like that pictured below and should it be operational, then it would be recommended that it remain in place and that the Wind transducer supplied with the i60 Wind instrument be kept as a spare.

[Image: wind.jpg]
01-14-20, 11:55 AM
Hi Chuck well there we have it then - finally and thanks to you!

I'm not sure yet about current wind transducer yet and will check on the weekend.

I suppose I could put ST60 back in if I60 did not work.

Does the Element require it's own power supply (in addition to the power to 5 way connector) because it is a large instrument with a heavy draw?

I really appreciate your patience with me on this and note your level of effort with other customers. I take it that you do this full time!

Thanks again Chuck - excellent service!

Regards,

Andy
01-14-20, 12:14 PM
Andy,

Q. Does the Element require it's own power supply (in addition to the power to 5 way connector) because it is a large instrument with a heavy draw?
A. Yes. MFDs and Element displays are nether designed to be powered by a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone nor to supply power to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. MFDs and Element displays are designed to be powered via the power cable which is included within the package of the MFD or Element display.
01-14-20, 12:25 PM
Hi Chuck excellent thanks again for all your help I will leave you alone for a while now!

Andy
01-14-20, 01:12 PM
You're welcome.