Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i70 and ITC-5 Wiring
01-06-20, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 02:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i70 and ITC-5 Wiring
Hello Friends, I am a newbie here. After perusing this forum thoroughly, I cannot find advice on how to correctly wire my transducers into my ITC - 5 and my new i70 unit. I recently purchased a new i70 multifunction instrument to add to my 1978 O'Day 25. The head unit and ITC 5 box are mounted, and I have run two cables to it: One is from the depth transducer (DST- 800 though hull) and the other is from the masthead transducer (wind speed, direction, etc). I am planning a simple setup - the through hull depth transducer (DST-800) and mast head transducer wires are connected to the ITC 5 and then run to the head unit which is powered with a fused 12 v power supply. My question is this: Where, exactly, does each colored wire in each cable land on the ITC-5 unit? The through hull transducer cable has 5 wires: no insulation, green, red, yellow and blue, The masthead transducer cable has 7 wires black, brown, red, blue, white, green, and no insulation. Images are attached. Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-20, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 09:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] i70 and ITC-5 Wiring
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

Q. Where, exactly, does each colored wire in each cable land on the ITC-5 unit? The through hull transducer cable has 5 wires: no insulation, green, red, yellow and blue, The masthead transducer cable has 7 wires black, brown, red, blue, white, green, and no insulation.
A. 1/8" female blade connectors are installed by the factory onto the leads of each each analog instrument transducer. Wind transducer cables should feature five leads (red, black, green, blue, and yellow) and these leads should be mated to matching color coded WIND terminals (red, gray, green, blue, and yellow) of the iTC-5. The analog DST800 transducer features seven leads (red, shield, green, white, blue, black, and brown). Please click here to view the document addressing DST-800 connection to the iTC-5.

Should the leads of these cables have been extended, then it would be necessary to locate the splice or terminal block where the cable extension was added to the transducer's cable in order to determine the lead color mapping of the cable extension leads to the transducer's leads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply