Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] TWS/TWA/TWD not showing on Axiom Pro overlay
01-08-20, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 03:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] TWS/TWA/TWD not showing on Axiom Pro overlay
Tom, thanks for the reply. Originally I thought "true" wind was measured and "apparent" wind was calculated but have since learned that its the opposite. "Apparent" wind is measured and the "true" wind is calculated based on either SOG or STW. In further thinking about this it makes sense as the sensor on the boat can only measure what is "feels" while the boat is moving.

I'm assuming the STW parameter is measured and not calculated which explains why I also got no "true wind" reading on the mfd even when moving. My boat doesn't have any device to measure speed through water.

I'm looking at the MFD page overlay and can't find the GWD and GWS parameters. I found them while creating a dashboard page. Is there a reason these parameters don't show on the chart page overlay selection?

I guess considering I am only moving at trawler speeds the AWS will need to suffice for my purposes until GWD/GWS is added as a choice.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] TWS/TWA/TWD not showing on Axiom Pro overlay - Wdeertz - 01-08-20 01:03 PM