Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Wind direction on i70 display not working
01-07-20, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Wind direction on i70 display not working
The wind direction on the i70 has stopped working.
All seems to work well at the top of mast equipment.
The arrow on the display is not moving. constantly pointing at the 12 o'clock position.
any way to fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-20, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 07:45 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Wind direction on i70 display not working
Hello roiias,

If you look at a digital (as opposed to analogue dial) display of Apparent Wind Angle and Apparent Wind Speed (AWA & AWS), what specific values do you see?
If you go to Menu > Setup > System Settings > Data Sources > Wind, what device is the wind data coming from? (There is no wind transducer connection directly on the back of an i70, it must be getting the wind data from somewhere else.)

The troubleshooting process for wind data is to find where the windvane is physically connected into your system and measure the signal voltages. For wind angle problems, focus on the voltages on the blue and green wires.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply