Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Software Update Failure
01-07-20, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 03:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 Software Update Failure
I have 2 Axion 9 units installed new during boat manufacture (a master unit and a linked unit). When performing an update to the master unit via wifi with the linked unit also on I notice the following behavior ...

* Download (e.g., 1.1GB) - Downloading successfully completes.
* Install - Progress bar displays w/ "Installing ...", but eventually receive messages
- Master Unit - Failed to restart
- Linked Unit - Out of memory

The installed software version shows v3.11.42, which I understand is the latest, so it appears that the update successfully installed after all. I don't understand why I receive the above messages or what they mean? Looking for knowledge.

In case it matters, I also have Raymarine Auto-Pilot, VHF, Radar, and Cameras which I assume are all on the same backbone.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-20, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 03:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 Software Update Failure
Q. I have 2 Axion 9 units installed new during boat manufacture (a master unit and a linked unit). When performing an update to the master unit via wifi with the linked unit also on I notice the following behavior ...

* Download (e.g., 1.1GB) - Downloading successfully completes.
* Install - Progress bar displays w/ "Installing ...", but eventually receive messages
- Master Unit - Failed to restart
- Linked Unit - Out of memory

A. While Axiom Pro MFDs and Axiom XL MFDs have sufficient internal memory to support performing the last few software updates via WiFi, Axiom MFDs have required that a microSD memory card having 1-2 GB of available memory be present within the MFD's memory card reader during WiFi software updates. This requirement also applies to Axiom MFDs which will be remotely updated via an Axiom Pro MFD or Axiom XL MFD. Accordingly, should the networked Axiom MFD not have had a microSD within its memory card reader having the previously specified amount of free memory, then the software update to the networked Axiom MFD would have failed and will need to be repeated after having satisfied this requirement.

Raymarine is considering changes to the WiFi software update process as well as the process of for remotely updating Axiom MFDs which would eliminate this requirement for Axiom MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply