Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Can I use my Axiom Pro at home?
01-09-20, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Can I use my Axiom Pro at home?
It could be useful to power up my Axiom Pro while it is at home for the winter in order to, for example, update to the latest Lighthouse software while the boat's laid up. There's no decent wi-fi at the marina for doing this in the summer. Perhaps passage planning too?
Clearly I would not have any of the wind/speed/ etc inputs but hopefully I only need to power it up?
Is there a simple way to do this? 12v supply obviously.
I'd need a new power supply cable and connector (type?).
Could this cause any problems to the unit which I'd need to be careful about?
I'm concerned that I may lose all my settings and data etc. and perhaps a lot more!
Advice would be most welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-20, 12:14 PM
RE: [CA11] Can I use my Axiom Pro at home?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Raymarine products do not maintain a separate waypoint/route/track database for use with the product's Simulator feature. Accordingly, any commands executed by the operator when using the Simulator feature to create, modify, or delete waypoints, routes, or tracks when using the MFD's simulator feature will be affecting the system's only waypoint/route/track database.
01-13-20, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the info Chuck, and the link to the FAQ. I reckon I just need the simplest power supply to use the Axion at home, namely a 12v battery and cable.
But what connector do I need to connect the cable into the back of the Axiom please?
01-13-20, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 12:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robert,

Q. But what connector do I need to connect the cable into the back of the Axiom please?
A. Per the information within the previously referenced FAQ, the following Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cables may be used with an Axiom Pro MFD:
- R62379 Straight Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable (recommended for at home use or other applications not subject to tight clearances behind the MFD)
- R70029 Right Angle Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable (Recommended for applications with tight clearances behind the MFD).