Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display
01-12-20, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 11:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display
I have a Catalina 30 with old (non-functional) depth and speed instruments. The boat is out of the water so this is the perfect time to replace the transducers. I will also be replacing the instrument display. The existing depth transducer is an old AIRMAR through-hull unit with a 2 inch plastic mount. The unit is mounted in a good location, forward of the keel, close to the centerline, but the hull has a 22 degree deadrise at this location.

As far as displays I am considering the Raymarine i40 Bi-Data display (part number E70066). As far as depth transducers, I would like a retractable unit such as E26030, but I have not found a mention of the deadrise angle for this unit.

I know AIRMAR sells transducers with tilted elements, at 0 degrees, 12 degrees, and 20 degrees, but I have not found a corresponding Raymarine transducer compatible with the i40 display which will compensate for the 22 degree deadrise.

QUESTION: Does Raymarine have a retractable depth transducer compatible with the i40 display with a 20 degree tilted element?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-20, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 11:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jorgemdn,

The i40/ST40 Depth/Bidata instruments, i50/ST60/ST60+ Depth/Tridata, and iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter are all designed to be directly mated to an analog instrument depth transducer. Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer an analog tilted element instrument depth transducer.. Typically, the centerline of the hull area immediately forward of the sailboat's fin keel will provide a flat surface (may be angle slightly upward toward the bow) where 0 degree instrument depth transducers may be installed (see Airmar's diagram below showing recommend sailboat installation location for depth transducers). Alternatively, an A26043 B744V or A26044 B744VL instrument transducer may be installed. The B744V's fairing block is designed to accommodate hulls having deadrise up to 24 degrees.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3996]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3995]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-17-20, 03:15 PM
Thanks for your detailed reply Chuck. This forum is a great service Raymarine provides for its customers!
01-17-20, 05:25 PM
You're welcome.