Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i40 BiData depth
01-19-20, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i40 BiData depth
My newer 140 Depth signal keep counting down from normal depth to 00 after a few minutes and stays at 00. Today my speed also says 00. The both use to work fine. Is it a seatalk problem? The i40 is using my old autohelm Depth & speed transducer. The old autohelm with seatalk work fine but the old screen was badly cracked. The on & off switch on the board is fine. Any ideas? Thanks
PS Trying to see if there are any old wire connections in the lines that might be shorting...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-20, 10:08 AM
RE: [CA11] i40 BiData depth
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jpmesa,

The symptoms reported have nothing to due with SeaTalk communications. Should the vessel be located in water having a depth at least 3' beneath the transducer and should the speed/temp transducer insert be fully seated such that it's paddlewheel protrudes from the housing, then the fault may be rooted within the transducer or within the i40 Bidata itself. Given the age of the transducer, it would be most suspect. That said, Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the speed transducer may be tested. As indicated within the FAQ found here, depth transducers may be tested using specialized equipment. Should the i40 Bidata be found to have suffered a failure or should you desire to have it bench tested (for fault isolation purposes), the instrument may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply