Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 9(Non-Pro) and RV-100 Transducer
01-14-20, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-20 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom 9(Non-Pro) and RV-100 Transducer
Hi,

I have an Axiom 9(non-pro) with an RV-100 transducer. I'm looking to expand the fishfinder capabilities of it as it only does high chirp. I'm wanting to get the lower frequencies so I can use it for ocean fishing deeper than 200ft. I was told I could add a Raymarine eS Series to my Axiom so I can get the lower frequencies as this is very cost effective compared to buying an Axiom Pro series MFD. So the question is whether it is possible to have an eS networked? If so, how exactly do I set it up? Also, can you recommend any other options I could do? I want to try to stay with the same transducer.

Thanks,

+ Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-20, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-20 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom 9(Non-Pro) and RV-100 Transducer
Hello Joe,

By far the most cost-effective solution would be to connect a 600W non-Chirp 50/200kHz transducer (e.g. an E66054 P66 type) to the Axiom via an A80492 Y-cable alongside the RV-100. The only drawback of this is that the High Chirp channel gets redirected to the 50/200 transducer and is no longer available from the RV-100.

I don't see any appreciable benefit to adding an eS MFD into the system: eS98/128 have the same High Chirp as the RV-100, and eS97/127 have the same 600W, 50/200kHz output as the above solution.
Axiom Pro or a CP370 black-box would add 1kW support but you don't need that for 200ft (unless you want to...)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
01-15-20, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-20 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Tom! This solution sounds awesome! I was really stressed about what it would take(time and money) to find a solution. This solution sounds great! Would I be still able to have side scanning with this solution?

Regards,

+ Joe
01-15-20, 08:49 PM
Hello Joe,

Yes, SideVision, DownVision and RealVision 3D will all still work as normal.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-16-20, 04:28 PM
Hi Tom,

I may be getting an Axiom Pro. Will the 1kw chirp work with the RV-100 transducer support the various frequencies I need for ocean fishing? Just want to be sure I can get low and high frequencies with the transducer. I tried looking for the the transducer specs on the Raymarine website but can't find any info.

Thanks in advance,

+ Joe
02-19-20, 11:05 PM
Hi Joe,

Yes, you can connect a 1kW Chirp transducer (e.g. TM275LH-W) alongside the RV100 to an Axiom Pro RVX, and use any combination of up to 4 of the available channels at a time (though it's best not to use Low and High or Low and Medium Chirp at the same time because that will reduce the scroll-rate.)

What sort of ocean fishing do you do? That would determine what high-power transducer you get. The TM275LH-W (Low/High-Wide frequency bands) is great for pelagics (marlin, tuna etc.) as Wide-beam High band gives great coverage of the top 100m or so, or can give deep-water bottom tracking down to 750m+ in good conditions with the narrow-beam Low. Alternatively, the TM265LM or TM265LH (Low/Medium or Low/High) will give finer detail of bottom structure and fish tight to that structure at the expense of near-surface coverage. There are a lot of permutations though.

Since you get a high-frequency wide-beam Chirp sonar channel in the RV100, a very popular choice to complement that is the TM265LM, which then gives you a High-Wide for the pelagics, the narrower Medium band for bottom structure in up to 200-300m and also good marking of many game species, and also the Low band for bottom-tracking in deeper water.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.