Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Evolution integration with E120W
01-24-20, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-20 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Evolution integration with E120W
Good day all,

I have recently installed a new Evolution autopilot onto an existing system to replace a malfunctioning SMARTPILOT X30. The pilot system is as follows:

-EV-1 sensor
-ACU-400
-Existing P70 pilot head at nav station
-Existing ST6001 pilot head on flybridge

It is linked to the network with other instruments.

I have managed to get wind data to the pilot no problems and I can control the pilot from the e120w ( there are 2 of these in the network) with no issues.

My issue is however:

When I want to set a waypoint on the E120W and get the pilot to track to that waypoint ( or route or cursor for that matter) I get the following errors ( in no particular order): 'Route complete' and 'No navigation data'.

My original thought was that the deviation might be incorrect but it was found to be at 4 degrees ( similar to the 5 degrees on the E120W).

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Rom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-20, 02:12 PM
RE: [CA11] Evolution integration with E120W
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rom,

A maximum detected deviation of four to five degrees is quite acceptable.

The first action to be taken is to ensure that these products have been properly interfaced to one another. As both the MFD and Evolution autopilot components both feature SeaTalkng communications interfaces, the MFD should be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and should instead be interfaced to a spur (white) socket within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The backbone should include a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. The yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be used to the connect the unpowered SeaTalk bus (to which the systems legacy SeaTalk devices have been connected) to the system. Care must be taken to ensure that the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, the E-Series Widescreen MFD, and all Evolution autopilot components have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Failure to ensure that these products have been so-updated may result in the symptoms reported. Each of these products specified are designed to be updated via the E-Series Widescreen MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply