Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Adding External Alarm Buzzer
10-16-19, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-19 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Adding External Alarm Buzzer
Hi, I’m going to add a Raymarine buzzer so I can hear the anchor alarm. My system is an Axiom 12 RV running the most current Lighthouse software. Attached is a photo of the available connection point. My question is whether I can remove the blue plug with no wire and plug the buzzer in there ? If not, then can you tell me the simplest way to add this device ?

thank you

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-19, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Adding External Alarm Buzzer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tholley55,

Appendices A through R of the of the SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer Installation Instructions provide a comprehensive list of alarms which the A80614 SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer will suppport. While Raymarine recently introduced the Seatalkng Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer, this accessory is unfortunately not designed to sound for most alarms generated by MFDs running software prior to the latest available LightHouse 3 software (v3.10.71 at the time of this response). As indicated within its title, this product is designed to be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. To remotely hear alarms sounded by an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD, the MFD's Bluetooth feature may also be used to connect the MFD to a Bluetooth amplified speaker which will be located within the space where the alarm is desired to be heard. Alternatively, many owners will elect to install a low cost MFD (ex. Axiom 7 MFD with no internal fishfinder circuitry or bundled cartography) within the space where the alarm is desired to be heard. The advantage of the latter is that information concerning the nature of the alarm will be available to operator at the remote location, and it will be possible to cancel the alarm at the remote location.

Q1. My question is whether I can remove the blue plug with no wire and plug the buzzer in there
A1. Negative

Q2. If not, then can you tell me the simplest way to add this device ?
A2. You will need to add an additional spur socket to the backbone to support adding another device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface (ex. Seatalkng Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer).
01-27-20, 09:45 AM
Hi,
I have a MDF A67 on a STng net with an autopilot, an I70s and a Quantum Wi Fi radar.
I would like to add the A80614 Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer.
Could you list the alarms I would hear through the buzzer?
Among others I´m looking at the Wind Change, MOB, Anchor, The ones from the Radar for objects on the safety zone.
Thank you
01-27-20, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kechikan,

As indicated within my earlier post within this thread, Appendices A through R of the of the SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer Installation Instructions provide a comprehensive list of alarms which the A80614 SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer will support. Click on the link provided within this or my earlier post to to view the SeaTalkNG Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer Installation Instructions. As indicated therein MOB (initiated from MFD) alarm is supported, while anchor, and radar alarms generated by a MFD running LHII software (i.e. your a67 MFD) are not. However, anchor alarms generated by the i70/i70S MFID are supported. The complete list of supported Wind Alarms produced by the i70/i70S MFID are specified within Appendix R.
01-29-20, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-20 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, I did read the manual right after I posted so most of my questions were answered right there.

Best regards
01-29-20, 10:23 AM
You're welcome.