Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of Noise
06-06-16, 09:54 AM
Lots of Noise
hi, I have a cpt-120 connected to an A98. When i am fishing in shallow water where the cpt-120 can see the bottom the reading seems to be ok. I see the bottom and fish, ext. When i am fishing blue water, i.e depth of 3000 plus feet the screen has a lot of noise on it that looks like small dots everywhere. i am not interested in seeing the bottom but just the first 200 feet of the water column. I have attempted to use the noise and gain filters without any success. Is there something i need to be doing when i am fishing in deep water?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-16, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-16 02:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Lots of Noise
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

When fishing in water depths greater than 600' and/or the sounder is unable to acquire bottom, then the sounders filters will be adjusted to their greatest level of sensitivity to better improve the chance of getting a bottom return. When using the product under such conditions, it is recommended that
- the depth range be manually configured to the desired depth range within the first 600' of the water column
- the Noise Filter setting be switched from Auto to Manual and that the sensitivity be reduced to decrease the noise to an acceptable level
- the Gain and Color Gain settings be switched from Auto to Manual and that they be reduced to decrease the noise to an acceptable level
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply