Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] smartpilot X10 no movement issues
01-26-20, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 05:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] smartpilot X10 no movement issues
I have a smartpilot X10 autopilot with a P70 control head and seastar AP1219 hyd pump. when I engage the A/P and command it to move in one direction lets just say +10, I can see the outboards moving in that direction. I also can also hear the pump operating. However when I command it to go to the opposite direction I can hear the pump operating but no engine movement. Of course when I try to calibrate the system and gets to the part where it suppose to do a circle it will fail. Any ideas where to start?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-20, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-20 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] smartpilot X10 no movement issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

Should the vessel steer properly by hand, then the reported symptom would be indicative of a failure of the autopilot's hydraulic pump, necessitating replacement of the pump.
01-29-20, 07:31 AM
It does steer properly by hand, is there a way I can check voltage out of the X10 PCB or at the plug of the HYD pump? If so what would the voltage be and and how long of the duration it should be on for. I would like to determine if its the pump or X10 unit
01-29-20, 10:17 AM
Larry,

Verification that the vessel steers properly by hand is an indication that any check valves within the vessel's steering system are functioning properly and would not be responsible for the reported symptom. It's certainly possible to place a voltmeter across the course computer's motor terminals (while leaving the motor leads attached) to view the voltage output. Autopilot drive units feature reversing DC motors. The voltage output is not variable. For 12VDC drive units, the voltage measured voltage at the course computer's terminals should be +12VDC when steering is commanded on one direction and -12VDC when steering is commanded in the opposite direction. As you have indicated that you can hear the pump running when commanded in either direction, the course computer would appear to be functioning properly.