Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Element: inland waters not shown on map
01-30-20, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Element: inland waters not shown on map
I have a strange problem with my Element. Recently I visited a small inland lake and when full screen map was selected on my Element this lake was not shown (just brown background used for all land areas). But if switched to a mode when map and sonar was shown (like map + sonar + downvision) the lake was shown on the map. No such problem for the sea-areas. I use Navionics maps. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-20, 11:47 PM
RE: [TG11] Element: inland waters not shown on map
Hello picant,

Sorry for the delay replying.
Can you tell me what the location is so that we can look at the issue, and ideally also attach some photos of the problem? Are you viewing the same range-scale on both pages?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-12-20, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-20 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom. The location is Lat 38 16.845 S Lon 145 05.979 E The range scale is the same or very close. I can see this problem when navigating the map when at home and when the range scale is same. I think I saw same problem in other places in that area (can look into this if necessary).

I uploaded screenshots that demonstrate the problem but not sure how to attach them to the post. When I press the 'Insert Into Post' button that is next to the uploaded picture nothing happens. I hope this are just moderation issues and the screenshots will be visible after post is approved.
02-17-20, 12:42 AM
Hi, yes, I got the screenshots, thanks.

I have looked at that location with my test system and see no problems on any of the page layouts I've looked at, but different chart view types (Simple, Detailed, Fishing, Running, Tides) have different levels of detail at different ranges. What are the chart view selections on your pages that work as expected and don't work? If you set both to Detailed, do you see the same info on each?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.