Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dodging obstacles while in Track mode (EV-200)
06-06-16, 10:47 AM
dodging obstacles while in Track mode (EV-200)
When the AP is in track mode, and I need to dodge an obstacle (e.g. lobster pot) I either put the AP in standby on use the +/-10 key. I will then put the AP back in track mode. To lessen the aggressive turns by the AP to return to original track I reset the XTE. The operation requires numerous button pushes and confirmations--seem very clumsy. Seems like there ought to be an more elegant method to dodge a lobster pot and to resume the track from the current position.

Q. Any recommendations
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-16, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-16 03:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: dodging obstacles while in Track mode (EV-200)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum roriol,

The procedure which you have specified is indeed correct for such dodging actions, although use of the +/-1 or +/-10 buttons will cause an autopilot which is in Track mode to enter Auto mode, not Standby. To re-join the course line, the Track button would be pressed. Should you have deviated significantly from the course line and a should the course line from the vessel's present position to the destination waypoint keep the vessel in safe waters, then the Reset XTE feature may be used. The latest Evolution autopilot software updates includes modifications to permit more slowly re-joining the course line. Should you not have already performed this software update, then it is recommended that you do so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply