Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GS-125 and LH 2 or 3
02-01-20, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-20 04:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GS-125 and LH 2 or 3
Hi,

I I am in the process of purchasing a boat with dual GS-125 MFDs. Currently they are running Lighthouse 2 version 11.26. Should I upgrade to the latest LH 2 or would LH 3 be better for these devices? I wasn't sure if LH 3 is missing anything I would need, or if LH 2 would run faster than LH 3 since these devices are a few years old? I would normally prefer to run the latest and greatest, but wanted to check first if anyone had any advice.

Any help/feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-20, 04:11 PM
RE: [CA11] GS-125 and LH 2 or 3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Unless the system additionally includes and Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD or if there unless there is a desired feature which is unique to LH3 software, then it would be recommended that LightHouse II v19.03 software be installed within the gS-Series MFDs.
02-08-20, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-20 10:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck. What is the reason? Is LH II better performance on the GS-125 or is there another reason LH II is recommended? Thanks.
02-10-20, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 05:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
wbdoll,

Q. What is the reason?
A. The processing power of eS/gS-Series MFDs is well below that of the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. As a result, a notable difference time to execute processing intensive commands will be noted when running LH3 software on eS/gS-Series MFDs. LH II v19.03 was extremely reliable and feature packed software ... and some of its features will not be included within LH3 for eS/gS-Series MFDs. The final release of LH3 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs will be LH3 v3.11.42. The full list of these gap feature may be found within the appendices of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions. As has been suggested within my other responses within this Forum, should there be a feature within LH3 v3.11.42 for eS/gS-Series MFDs which one desires, should one be satisfied not having the gap feature listed within the Operation Instructions, and should one be satisfied with the knowledge that no further LH3 software updates for the eS/gS-Series MFDs will be release, then update your eS/gS-Series MFD(s) with LH3 v3.11.42 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs. Should you find afterwards that you prefer LHII v19.03, then the software within the system's eS/gS-Series MFDs may be downgraded accordingly. For cruisers, blue water sailors, and others who operate their equipment for extended periods (more than 12 hrs continuously), as has been recommended within the FAQ found here, it is recommended that the Sonar Logging feature be disabled unless actively engaged in collecting data, such as would be the case when collecting data for use with the SonarChart Live feature.
02-10-20, 05:10 PM
Thank you again Chuck, this is very clear.
02-10-20, 05:16 PM
You're welcome.