Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Replace rudder transducer?
02-05-20, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-20 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Replace rudder transducer?
Hi there,

Very quick question, my SPX30 packed in recently so I’ve got a replacement auto helm (EV-200 sail) including an EV1, ACU200 and p70s head. The package also came with a rudder transducer included.

My old auto helm (SPX30, Fluxgate & ST70) already has a Raymarine rudder transducer (2011 vintage) and I’d prefer not to go crawling around to replace it unless needed. So the question: will the older transducer work or do I need to replace it with the new one?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-20, 01:51 PM
RE: [CA11] Replace rudder transducer?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Java,

Q. will the older (rudder reference) transducer work or do I need to replace it with the new one?
A. Should the currently installed rudder reference transducer be operational, then it may indeed be interfaced to the new Evolution ACU. Simply note the colors of the terminals of the SPX course computer which each of the rudder reference transducer's leads are presently connected to and then connect the corresponding color coded terminals of the Evolution ACU.
02-05-20, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-20 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Brilliant, thanks Chuck.
02-05-20, 03:29 PM
You're welcome.