Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading Current Raymarine System
02-05-20, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 03:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading Current Raymarine System
I have a question. I have an E120 networked with a CP370, Airmar 260 transducer, GPS attenae, raymarine 4kw ray dome, SeaTalk hs. Improve my system and it works perfect. What I would like to do is add an Axiom 7 MFD, mounted on ttop box as a backup gps and I would like to use sonar for backup. I don’t necessarily need the radar on axiom.

What do I need in order to intergrate axiom into system? I had an E80 and all I had to do was hook up power and Raynet Ethernet cable to SeaTalk hs. Everything worked on E80 even radar! My E80 quit and now I’d like to go to axiom because I heard it is intergradable into my system.

I would like to do this myself. Question is what all do I need to put axiom into the network system?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-20, 01:37 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading Current Raymarine System
wrlefevre20,

Q. What do I need in order to intergrate axiom into system? I had an E80 and all I had to do was hook up power and Raynet Ethernet cable to SeaTalk hs. Everything worked on E80 even radar! My E80 quit and now I’d like to go to axiom because I heard it is intergradable into my system.
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. While not permissible to interface these MFDs to one another, should the E-Series Classic MFD be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software, disconnected from the SeaTalk bus, and then connected as a spur (via A06061 Adapter Cable) to a spur socket within a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Axiom MFD as also been interfaced as a spur. Other currently installed devices having a SeaTalk communications interface (ex. Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, ST60 instruments, etc.) may be interfaced to the backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s). Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the latter.

The CP370 may be disconnected from the SeaTalkhs Network and may instead be interfaced to the Axiom MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply