Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CPT-S to Axiom Pro S
02-10-20, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] CPT-S to Axiom Pro S
Good morning

Last week I installed a CPT-S 0 degree flush mount unit and connected it to my Axiom Pro-S using the suggested adapter cable. I used it this weekend and it performed very well I was extremely happy with the resolution we uses for salmon fishing in 200' of water or less, and it even tracked the bottom to 300+ feet at 25kts for 15 miles of running through the islands.

After 16 hours of good use the screen showed an error message and the transducer was no longer available to me on my internal sounder, and I had to switch to my 3D RV unit networked through my Axiom unit at the helm to see fish on my Axiom Pro S unit.

Upon arriving back at the marina I checked all cabling from the Axiom Pro-S to and from the batteries, network, and CPT-S unit and all were found to be connected correctly, with no wetness or corrosion, no excessive bends in the cabling or nicks and rubbing. I unplugged and replugged in all connections and went through several cycles of restarting all my MFD's, and even did a factory reset on the Axoim Pro-S. I still get the same error message "please connect a transducer and restart the unit"

I'm at a total loss now as to why this setup worked so well and now is inoperable, despite spending a bit of time looking through troubleshooting on this forum and others. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing that you can help me with... at this point even a simple "You did it wrong" answer would at least be an answer!

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-20, 02:52 PM
RE: [CA11] CPT-S to Axiom Pro S
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Angler Management,

I'm glad to learn that the CPT-S transducer had been working so well for Should you not already have done so, then it is recommended that you verify that the MFD has been updated with LH3 v3.11.42 or later software and that a Power ON Factory Reset be performed. If so, then the problem may be rooted within the transducer or within the MFD itself. Typically, such fault isolation would be performed by testing the MFD with CPT-S transducer which was known to be operational. The test CPT-S transducer need not be installed or be in the water ... just connect it to the unpowered MFD and then determine whether the MFD detects the transducer. If not, then it would unfortunately appear that the MFD's fishfinder circuity has suffered a failure and would need to be replaced by the dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
02-10-20, 03:08 PM
I'm going to go back down tonight with brand new update cards and factory reset everything one more time and update again to 3.11.42 (I had done this last week already) and try it again. If not, not sure what i can do. Pretty sure the 5200 has set up pretty good by now! (;
02-10-20, 03:55 PM
Angler Management,

Noted. Per my last post, should the problem persist following the software update / Power ON Reset, then fault isolation would be the next step ... either with another transducer, via a Certified Raymarine installer, or by sending the MFD to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.