Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E127 software upgrade
06-06-16, 02:39 PM
E127 software upgrade
I recently installed the software update via ad card as per instructions on your website. Everything installed and I put my original card back in and rebooted. When I am Attempting to build a route using the dock to dock auto routing, there is no option to use this feature, it only allows me to use waypoints or manually build routes. How do I get this feature to activate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-16, 02:56 PM
RE: E127 software upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eniam17,

To enable Dock to dock Navionics owners must update their Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum chart cards after April 1st, 2016 by visiting the Navionics online store. Please click here to view the LightHouse II R17 Key Features web page addressing this subject.
06-06-16, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-16 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. So the ray marine lighthouse charts are unnecessary and will not allow use of this feature, correct? I will just need the navionics platinum?

Is there a way to download that directly onto the e127 or would I need to purchase the actual card and plug it in?

Thanks
06-07-16, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-16 08:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Eniam17,

Auto-routing is not supported in conjunction with LightHouse Charts. The Dock to Dock auto-routing feature requires use of Navionics+ (updated with Sonar Charts), Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum chart cards. Navionics chart cards may be purchased from an authorized Navionics dealer.
06-07-16, 05:25 PM
I have downloaded navionics plus as well as updated the sonarchart per your instructions. I still have no abilty to select the auto docking or search for destinations in a menu as I do on the navionics app on my iPad. The autoroute function does not build a route for me it sends me in a direct line through land masses to a waypoint. Please advise how I can do this on the e127 system.
06-08-16, 03:15 PM
Chris,

The the Dock to Dock user interface of the Navionics Boating app differs from that supported by the Raymarine MFDs. Within the Raymarine MFDs, the Dock to Dock feature is executed by first commanding the Navionics Dock to Dock feature (MENU->NAVIGATE->BUILD ROUTE->DOCK TO DOCK AUTOROUTING) to ON. Should the MFD not have been updated with v17.45 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software and/or the Nautical Charts and/or Sonar Charts within the chart card not have been updated since 1 April 2015, then an Autorouting option rather than a Dock To Dock Autorouting feature will be listed within the Build Route menu.

When using the Dock to Dock Feature, the first and last waypoints of the Dock to Dock feature are established by touching the Chart application's screen a the desired location of the route's first and last waypoints. Selection of the second point will then permit the route to be calculated.
06-25-16, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-16 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay Chuck, I have everything installed as well as updated software and auto route is turned on. I am getting an error that says a safe route cannot be made? It works perfectly on my iPad using the Navionics app.

Thanks,
Dave
06-25-16, 06:52 PM
I am having an issue with the auto routing feature as well. It is not calculating the route. Tells me that it cannot calculate a safe route. E127 with Navionics Platium Plus and all software updates installed. Works fine with the Navionics app on my my iPad.

Dave
06-27-16, 09:13 AM
Dave,

It is not uncommon for the reported message to appear, yet a a route has been generated. In the case of the latter, there may be route waypoints (and their corresponding legs) which must be reviewed to ensure that they keep the vessel in navigable waters. However should the Navionics Dock to Dock Autorouting feature produce a simple two point route, then it may indicate that one of the minimum safe depth constraint has been violated.
06-27-16, 04:12 PM
Hi Chuck,
I'm also having 'weird' Dock to Dock Auto-routing issues on the Mystic River, Mystic, CT. If I start from downtown Mystic between the Highway Bridge and the Railroad Bridge and select Block Island, RI, or Huntington, NY, or Newport, RI, as destinations, the route(s) is not established. If I start from the end of the river, eg. Fisher's Island Sound, then all the individual routes are successful. My boat only draws 6' so the river has more than enough depth. What additional information would help you with this issue? Suggestions?
Thank you.