Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPS Antenna for two displays
02-11-20, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-20 08:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] GPS Antenna for two displays
I seem to need an antenna to use with my Axiom Pro, as occasionally, the GPS signal is temporarily lost. To remedy this, I am considering using the Raymarine external antenna - GA150 (which is considerably less expensive than the Seatalkng antenna (RS150). My question is this - should I add a second Axiom Pro display at a later date, and network the two MFDs using their Ethernet ports, will the second MFD be able to use the signal provided by the GA150 feeding the first MFD?

Thanks,
Duane
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-20, 08:54 AM
RE: [CA11] GPS Antenna for two displays
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Duane,

Q. Should I add a second Axiom Pro display at a later date, and network the two MFDs using their Ethernet ports, will the second MFD be able to use the signal provided by the GA150 feeding the first MFD?
A. Yes. Adding the second MFD to the system will also create a second sensed source of GPS data within the system. It is recommended that the GPS of the second MFD be disabled or that the Data Sources feature be used to specify that the MFD having the GA150 GPS Antenna will serve as that system's source for GPS, GPS Datum, and Date & Time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply