Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can older AP communicate with newer MFD?
06-06-16, 09:08 PM
Can older AP communicate with newer MFD?
I have an older Raymarine ST 8001 autopilot i'm trying to interface with new E125 MFD's. I can connect the devices but have been experiencing interference noise with my radios. I traced the problem to the seatalk connection behind the autopilot head. when I remove the seatalk cable and unplug the network cables from the MFD's radio static goes away. When I plug either one in (seatalk to autopilot or network cable to MFD's), the radio static comes back. Does the ap communicate across both seatalk and network cables?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-16, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-16 03:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Can older AP communicate with newer MFD?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Defiance Sportfishing,

Depending upon the model of autopilot course computer installed onboard, it may be possible to interface an older autopilot with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Please attach a system diagram to a response to this thread identifying the make/model of each of the system's marine electronics devices and how each has been interfaced to the system.
06-15-16, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-16 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I had two sources of power running to seatalk converter. Problem was fixed when one source of power was removed. Thanks for your reply.
06-15-16, 08:28 AM
You're welcome.