Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Raymarine RAY 218E RADIO MICROPHONE
02-13-20, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 06:48 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Raymarine RAY 218E RADIO MICROPHONE
Hi, I have a RAY218E radio without original microphone ...I have been offered a Raymic part no A46052 second mike ...Can I use this as a original front mike as the pinout is the same as the Raymic ....Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-20, 10:00 AM
RE: [LW11] Raymarine RAY 218E RADIO MICROPHONE
Dear ianc,

Thank you for your post.

The A46052 cannot be used in place of the fistmic and the connectors are different, you can still connect it ti the back of the RAY218E.

If you do have 2 connectors the same, send an image for us to look at in further detail.

Many Thanks
Louise
02-20-20, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-20 09:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Louise for the reply ...I have added a picture of the radio socket and the raymic plug which is the same and fits the socket...Regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-25-20, 12:12 AM
Hello ianc,

Louise is out of the office at the moment, so on her behalf - I don't have a Ray218 and Raymic to hand at the moment to look at the physical connectors, but the service information that I have shows that the pin-out for the two connectors is different:
Fist mic:
  1. LED CONT
  2. MIC-1
  3. SPK
  4. INT PTT
  5. MIC SW1
  6. MIC SW2
  7. MIC DET
  8. GND

Raymic:
  1. LED CONT
  2. MIC SW1
  3. MIC SW2
  4. PTT
  5. MIC DET
  6. DATA_A
  7. DATA_B
  8. MIC RELAY
  9. HAIL DET
  10. HAIL MUTE
  11. HAIL RELAY
  12. GND

Although the connector may fit, I would not expect it to work in the front connector.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-25-20, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Thanks for that I thought that it would be different even though it does fit . So does that mean I will need a connection cable for the rear connector which is different.....Many Thanks
02-25-20, 10:35 PM
Hello ianc,

You can see how that handset connects and the cables available/required in the Ray218 installation manual which you can download from http://www.raymarine.com.au/service-and-...documents/, https://raymarine.app.box.com/s/55w633qm...4073161585

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-26-20, 08:03 PM
Hi, Thanks very much for the information, I will look for a extension lead to fit the rear ext mike connection ....