Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom/Miracast/Spotify App baffling implementation
02-05-20, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 10:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom/Miracast/Spotify App baffling implementation
Setup:
Axiom Pro 12-RVX wirelessly connected to a Wifi router.
Axiom Pro 12-RVX miracasting to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and a 30" screen
Fusion MS-RA770 bluetoothed to the Axiom Pro
Wifi Router connected to the internet via a mobile hotspot
(All firmwares and softwares current versions.)

So my desired result is for Spotify to stream music to the boat over the Fusion system's amps and speakers, while the Spotify App is displayed on the TV.

What is actually happening is that when the Miracast is active, it looks like the bluetooth to the Fusion is disabled. Sound comes through the TV speakers, and nothing from the Fusion. The Fusion actually comes up with a pause indication... normally meaning signal has gone.

Further confusion... I have line-out audio from the TV, but when I try to use this output to connect into the Fusion system, sound from the TV speakers stops, and nothing comes out of the Fusion. This might be content protection kicking in and may be the fault of my TV, but I mention it as another factor.

Are the Bluetooth/Miracast interfaces an either/or hardware restriction or is this something that software can remedy? Perhaps an option "Sound output = Bluetooth/Miracast/Both".

(Another few observations... Add a 'Remember Me' tickbox to the Spotify App's login page so I don't have to enter my Spotify username/password every time I use it. Have the Spotify App display AlbumArt as well as song Title/Artist/Album for the song currently being played. Also the Miracast connection continues to ask for a PIN every time even with this option turned off in the Microsoft Display Adapter settings.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-20, 11:37 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom/Miracast/Spotify App baffling implementation
Hello DevoDave,

I suspect that this is a matter of resources. With two concurrent Wifi connections - including relatively high-bandwidth video - I suspect that the processor is struggling to do Bluetooth as well as also keep running all our navigation functions, which of course take priority in the software. Fundamentally it's a navigation rather than an entertainment device and navigation is where the majority of our development and testing efforts are focussed.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply