Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro S - Seatalk HS
02-17-20, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 04:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro S - Seatalk HS
We purchased a new Axiom Pro 9 to replace one of three ES series MFDs on our Search and Rescue Rib primarily to improve performance when using our Quantum radar. After installation, the new chart plotter did not see anything on the HS network including the Radar and Sounder data. It did see all the Seatalk NG components including i70, AIS, GPS and the other two ES series MFDs. The HS network switch LED did not light on the port connected to the new Axiom. We tried switching cables and selecting other ports without success. The original ES97 MFD was reinstalled and everything works correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike Fossl
Maintenance Officer
RCM SAR Station 20
Pender Island BC Canada
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-20, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 05:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro S - Seatalk HS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

As I believe that you have inferred, the Axiom MFD must be interfaced to the system's Ethernet network switch. Please verify that LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 software has been installed on each of the system's MFDs (Axiom and eS-Series) and that a Power ON Reset Procedure has been performed on the Axiom Pro MFD. Should the problem persist and the switch's network LED not flicker, then it may be indicative of a problem with the MFD's Ethernet port ... try it's other Ethernet Network port (as a workaround). Should the above not address the problem, then it would be recommended that the MFD be returned for replacement or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

It is additionally recommended that within such mixed systems that the Axiom Pro MFD be designated as the system's Data Master MFD and that it be used to pair with the Quantum radome.
03-19-20, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-20 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I managed to get the Axiom Pro to connect to the switch by connecting to the 5th port. Now I’m having trouble updating the software from v3.10.42 to v3.11.42. I get a error saying update failed. I’ve tried several times with the same result. The two other ES series MFD’s have been successfully updated to 11.42.

In addition, uni-control on the Axiom Pro does not function correctly in that rotating the dial has no effect.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-19-20, 12:07 PM
Mike,

Q1. Now I’m having trouble updating the software from v3.10.42 to v3.11.42.
A1. Please understand that Raymarine offers a separate software update download for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD and a separate software update download for eS/gS-Series MFDs. Please ensure that you are using the software update download for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. If so, and the problem persists, then it is recommended that the microSD memory card be reformatted with a NTFS file system and that it then be re-populated with the software update files. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that a Power ON Factory Reset procedure be performed and that the software update then be attempted again.

Q2. uni-control on the Axiom Pro does not function correctly in that rotating the dial has no effect.
A2. Should the problem persist after having performed the actions stated above, then it would be recommended that the MFD be replaced by the dealer (if within first 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
03-23-20, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-20 12:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
After reformatting the card using NTFS, the update was successful. No luck with the uni-control. I did the power on factory reset and again, no change.

Back to the dealer for another replacement?
03-23-20, 12:55 PM
Mike,

Q. Back to the dealer for another replacement?
A. Indeed this would be the recommendation if within the first 30 day of ownership. If ownership has been longer than 30 days, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.