Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] eS75 and Axiom 9
02-18-20, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 01:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] eS75 and Axiom 9
Hello,
I would like to mount an Axiom 9 on my boat, connected with an eS75 already installed with Navionics charts.
Q1 - What is the best way to connect these 2 MFDs (Raynet or SeaTalkng already installed)?
Q2 - What update to make the 2 MFDs compatible?
Q3 - Can I keep the Navionics chart on the eS75 and find it on the Axiom or do I have to buy and install a second set of charts also on the Axiom 9?
Thanks a lot for your help.

N.B .: In attached file, the diagram of the current installation and the modification planned in the cockpit.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  40CC Schéma SeaTalk-2020.pdf (Size: 270.97 KB / Downloads: 146)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-20, 01:42 PM
RE: [CA11] eS75 and Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GC-54,

General comment: Please note that the highest / final version of LightHouse 3 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs will be LightHoutse 3 v3.11.42. While additional software releases will be produced for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, the software within your Axiom MFD would need to remain at LightHouse v3.11.42 unless the eS-Series MFD were replaced with an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD.

Q1 - What is the best way to connect these 2 MFDs (Raynet or SeaTalkng already installed)?
A1 - The two MFDs will need to be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The backbone will additionally need to be extended to the location of the Axiom MFD to permit it to be interfaced as a spur to the backbone. Finally, the Axiom MFD should be designated as the system's Data Master MFD.

Q2 - What update to make the 2 MFDs compatible?
A2 - See the general comment above.

Q3 - Can I keep the Navionics chart on the eS75 and find it on the Axiom?
A3 - Yes.
02-18-20, 03:42 PM
Thank you very much for your answer.
Cordial greetings
02-19-20, 10:51 AM
You're welcome.