Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgraded autopilot. No dockside wizard.
02-25-20, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 12:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgraded autopilot. No dockside wizard.
Hello! Just upgraded my old nav computer and autopilot head to ACU-400, EV1, and P70s. Still running an E-80 MFD. used the seatalkng converter, and all se to be hooked up properly. I’ve attempted to commission the new system, but the “commissioning” menu does not appear anywhere in calibration settings or elsewhere, despite how far I scroll down. I’ve factory reset the P70s. It is running software version 3.07. I will be updating the software for the rest of the devices this week. Will that allow the menu to appear?

I’ve run the self-diagnostic on the P70s->about system, and the only device that shows up is the P70s. Is this normal?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-20, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 04:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgraded autopilot. No dockside wizard.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bfb1115,

In order to run the Dockside Wizard, the Calibration Lock (MENU->SET-UP->VESSEL SETTINGS->CALIBRATION LOCK) will need to be configured OFF. Please additionally ensure that your Raymarine products have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. When updating the autopilot software, the EV-1 CCU's software should be updated prior to updating the ACU's software. Please note that any update to an Evolution autopilot should be following by a Pilot Factory Reset (MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->COMMISSIONING->PILOT FACTORY RESET; not to be confused with the autopilot control head's Factory Reset) and subsequent recommissioning of the autopilot. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The About System diagnostics feature of the autopilot control head should list all devices which have been interfaced to the backbone and have compatible software versions. E-Series Classic MFDs should be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software.
02-25-20, 03:24 PM
Thanks! The calibration lock was set to off, yet still the menu did not appear. I will update the software today and re-post if there are any further issues. Thanks!
02-25-20, 04:05 PM
Bfb1115,

Per my initial post, please additionally perform the Pilot Factory Reset specified within my initial response. If updating the autopilot's software, perform the Pilot Factory Reset following the software update. The command sequence to access the Dockside Wizard is executed via the command sequence: MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->COMMISSIONING->DOCKSIDE WIZARD.
02-26-20, 03:58 AM
Hi Chuck,

Was able to update the E80 MFD, but the EV1, ACU, P70 etc were not detected, so I was not able to update them from the MFD. Sounds like some sort of interface/connection issue. My devices are connected as follows (I believe, since I can't open the navpod without a special head). P70s connected via seatalkNG to Seatalk 2 cable, connected to a seatalk coupler panel, connected to a seatalk 2 cable that is then daisy chained to all the ST60 devices. Seatalk 2 cable backbone to a spliced on seatalkng cable to the seatalkNG converter. Converter branches to EV1, and to the ACU 400.

I'm realizing this is probably not optimal. So what is the best way to connect the system with old ST60 devices that still have the seatalk2 adapter on the cables?
02-26-20, 10:52 AM
Bfb1115,

Thanks for the additional information concerning how the equipment has been interfaced, as it appears that the equipment has been incorrectly interfaced. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone having a sufficient number of spur sockets accommodate the MFD, p70S, ACU400, and EV-1 CCU must be installed. If powering the backbone from a SeaTalkng Power Cable (best installation practice), then a spur socket within the backbone for this networking component will additionally need to be provided and the SeaTalkng power dip switch of the ACU400 will need to be switched OFF. An A06061 E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable will be used to interface the SeaTalk2 / NMEA 2000 socket of the MFD to a spur socket within the backbone. An E22158 SeaTalk & SeaTalkng Converter will additionally need to be installed as a backbone component. The MFD's SeaTalk / Alarm Cable will be disconnected from the MFD. The unpowered SeaTalk bus containing the ST60 instruments will be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The SeaTalk bus will be powered by the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, care must be taken to ensure that the MFD has been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software.
03-09-20, 12:46 AM
I installed the system based on your recommendations and everything worked out well!
03-09-20, 08:32 AM
I'm glad to learn of your success.
03-09-20, 06:53 PM
Looks like I jumped the gun. Performed pilot factory reset, dockside wizard and deviation cruise. All is working fine, except the option to create a “go to” track is grayed out on the E80 classic. This has been the case since updating the software. All devices are interfaced properly and are detected by the P70s
03-10-20, 07:53 AM
Bfb1115,

How has the E-Series Classic MFD been interfaced to the system ... a system diagram would be helpful in this case.