Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RealVision Transducers and NMEA 2000
02-26-20, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 02:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RealVision Transducers and NMEA 2000
I need a bit of clarification from you. I understand the RealVision transducers include a built-in heading and multi axis rate sensor... when Axiom is interfaced into the NMEA 2000 network, is this sensor’s data available to the other devices on the network or is it strictly for Axioms RealVision processing?

(Specific Example: Customer is looking for radar overlay capability and I want to know if the Axiom/RV-100 is capable of providing heading and rate reference PGN’s to the network. If not, I’m going to suggest he incorporate a stand-alone NMEA 2000 heading sensor into his system.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-20, 03:51 PM
RE: [CA11] RealVision Transducers and NMEA 2000
cmgtrumpet,

Q1. when Axiom is interfaced into the NMEA 2000 network, is this sensor’s data available to the other devices on the network or is it strictly for Axioms RealVision processing?
A1. Data from the built-in heading / multi axis rate sensor of RV transducers is used exclusively within the sonar processing found within Axiom RV MFDs, Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, and the RVX1000 RealVision Sounder Module. Related data from the RV transducers is neither available for use within other LightHouse 3 features or for use by networked devices.

Q2. Customer is looking for radar overlay capability and I want to know if the Axiom/RV-100 is capable of providing heading and rate reference PGN’s to the network.
A2. Negative. In systems either do not or will not feature an autopilot capable of outputting stabilized 10Hz heading data it would typically be recommended that an AR200 Augmented Reality Sensor be installed onboard the vessel.
03-12-20, 11:53 AM
Thank you, Sir, for the reply. I believed that data was not being passed, but couldn’t find any documentation.
03-12-20, 12:05 PM
You're welcome.