Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 screen frozen at logo screen
03-02-20, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-20 11:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 screen frozen at logo screen
Hi, I have a new (9 month old) Axiom 12 system on my boat installed by the dealer. One day last week the display started shutting off and turning back on by itself while in use and then, the very next day, it would not start at all and is stuck at the "Raymarine" splash page.

I read some information here about performing a system reset and while I could get the power button to turn blue by following the proceedure, the system will still not initialize any further than simply displaying the Raymarine logo.

When I turn the unit on and the Raymarine logo appears the system beeps and tries to restart about every five seconds, but never gets past showing the Raymarine logo and the Lighthouse OS screen never comes up.

Is this is a situation where I will have to warranty the display screen?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-20, 11:39 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 screen frozen at logo screen
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum aMonster,

Please remove any chart card / microSD memory card from the MFD's memory card reader. Please click here to view a FAQ the revised procedure for performing a Power ON Factory Reset. Should the Power ON Factory Reset restore operation, then it would be recommended that the MFD be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update and that a Power ON Factory Reset be performed again upon completion of the software update. Should the MFD perform properly when the chart card / microSD memory card is removed, then it would be recommended that the MFD's memory card reader be tested with another compatible microSD memory card to verify that the MFD can save screen snapshots to the microSD memory card (see the Shortcuts menu) ... the MFD will report being successful or unsuccessful when commanded to perform the screen capture. If not, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Raymarine MFDs carry a 2-year warranty which may be extended to 3 years if installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer / OEM or registered within the first 30 days of ownership. Should the MFD's memory card reader be deemed to be operational, then it would be recommended that the chart card / microSD memory card be tested by your Raymarine dealer or Navionics / C-Map dealer.
03-02-20, 10:18 PM
Hi, I have already tried the factory reset both with and without the card, the screen will still not get past the Raymarine logo so at this point I guess I should be sending it in for bench testing.
03-03-20, 03:19 PM
aMonster,

Given the actions taken thus far, I too would agree that the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.