Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 4kw Magnum
03-03-20, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-20 05:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 4kw Magnum
What is your take or opinion on a 4kw Magnum radar that is a remanufacture? I assume factory reman. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-20, 04:23 PM
RE: [CA11] 4kw Magnum
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Never II Nauti,

Raymarine Factory Refurbished products generally carry a 2-year warranty. New products typically carry a 2-year warranty which may be extended to 3 years if registered within 30 days of purchase or installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer / OEM. I have such confidence in Raymarine Factory Refurbished products and have had nothing but success with them that I have equipped my own vessels with numerous Raymarine Factory Refurbished products.
04-27-20, 12:54 AM
Chuck

Can I use a A55078d on my axiom pro rvx with a seatalk hs box in place? Any difference in performance than using the A80229? Saves me running thru some problem spots to get directly into the axiom pro.

Thanks
04-27-20, 07:25 AM
Never II Nauti,

Should the currently installed system feature a SeaTalkhs Network Switch (this switch features RJ45 sockets), then the A55078D Digital Radar Cable may indeed be plugged directly into it. However, should the system feature a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, then the A55078D Digital Radar Cable would need to be adapted (part #A80247) to be mated to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. All Digital Radar Cables offered by Raymarine would be expected to yield identical radar performance to the system.
04-27-20, 10:23 AM
Thanks so much Chuck.
04-27-20, 02:16 PM
You're welcome.
05-09-20, 12:26 PM
Chuck

I am trying to run an A80229 digital radar cable for my addition of the magnum radar to the axiom pro 12. I absolutely cannot get the cable thru the tower leg because of the RayNet Connector to the axion. Can I cut the connector off and resolder the wires back together or is there a field installable RayNet Connector? Another option would be to cut the RayNet Connector off and filed install a rj45 connector to the cable as it is going into a seatalk hs box anyway with a converter cable. Any help and thoughts will be help as well as wire skematics if so.

Thanks
05-11-20, 11:49 AM
Hello Never II Nauti,

We normally do not recommend cutting the cable as it voids the warranty. Our best practices recommendation would be to make the opening larger or reroute the cable. Please additonally see this faq on the subject, https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=9491