Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] transducer paint
03-04-20, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-20 03:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] transducer paint
The Raymarine manual, RV-100 3D Transom Transducer
Installation instructions, page 47 states, "coat the transducer with a thin layer of water-based antifouling paint, available from your local marine dealer".
Does this mean I can coat the transducer with the copper based Pettit Hydocoat water base antifouling paint that I use on my boats bottom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-20, 03:26 PM
RE: [CA11] transducer paint
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mystere,

Q. Does this mean I can coat the transducer with the copper based Pettit Hydocoat water base antifouling paint that I use on my boats bottom?
A. Cuprous oxide and Zinc are common components of antifouling paint, including antifouling paints which have been expressly designed for transducer. A water base is required because antifouling paints utilizing a keytone base can dissolve plastics and epoxies. As antifouling paint manufacturers offer antifouling paints which are specifically formulated for transducers (ex. MDR-720, Petit 1793, etc.) it would be recommended that such transducer antifouling paints be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply