Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Radar/AxiomPro/Older SG3 Raymarine Autopilo
04-28-20, 11:38 AM
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Radar/AxiomPro/Older SG3 Raymarine Autopilo
Chuck,

That’s fantastic, thank you.

If I understand it correctly, to do a wired connection from my sailboat mast to my pod mounted Axiom Pro in the cockpit I will need the following to be connected in this order:

Quantum Digital Doppler Radar
A80308 (Y-Adapter Cable)
A55081D (10m Radar Extension Cable)
A80228 (10m Digital Radar Cable, Power and Ethernet)
SPLIT, with power going to my switched 12V power circuit
A80162* (Raynet(M) to Raynet(M) adapter cable
Supplied Raynet (F) to Raynet (F) (supplied w/Radar when purchased)
Axiom Pro

*In the cited knowledge base article you referenced (https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=421) it is recommend to use an A80160 (Binnacle mounted pod/no network switch) however I believe A80162 is the correct joiner in this case.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 03:00 PM
Brian,

The list which you have supplied will indeed work. Should you be unable to chase the RayNet (F) plug through the binnacle tubing, it would be recommended that the cable be cut to a sufficient length such that it may be joined below deck. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The FAQ which you have referenced has been corrected ... thanks for reporting my error.
04-29-20, 12:23 PM
Chuck,

As always, thank you very much.

Another question, I need to mount my Raymarine CAM210 to the stainless mast on my transom. The included R32142 is too big to fit through the access holes of the 7’ mast. To your knowledge, is there a water tight coupler for RJ45 available that would fit inside a 7/8” opening (the mast is manufactured by Kato Marine and has a 7/8” access port)?

I suspect I will have to cut the cable on the CAM210 and splice in a longer cable but would prefer not to do that if there is a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
04-29-20, 02:45 PM
Brian,

Q1. To your knowledge, is there a water tight coupler for RJ45 available that would fit inside a 7/8” opening (the mast is manufactured by Kato Marine and has a 7/8” access port)?
A1. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any coupler which would meet this requirement. To avoid any adverse warranty implications of splicing the CAM210's cable and create the most reliable connecton, it would be recommended that you instead consider connecting the CAM210's cable to the supplied weatherproof coupler, coiling up the cable and then and securing it to the camera's base with a cable tie. Ethernet cable may then be connected to the weatherproof coupler and then chased down the mast.