Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60+ No Wind Speed Displayed
06-07-16, 03:54 PM
ST60+ No Wind Speed Displayed
Hello, my ST60+ wind display does not show wind speed, the display reads 0.0. I have installed a used ST60 I got on line and it reads wind speed fine, so the transducer is most likely okay. Does Raymarine still support the ST60+ line, if it can be repaired?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 01:38 PM
RE: ST60+ No Wind Speed Displayed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GBay360,

The reported symptoms are indicative of a failure of the masthead transducer, its cable, or the wind instrument itself. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing ho to test the masthead transducer.
06-09-16, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-16 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, thanks for the reply.
I had researched the forum and performed the Raymarine masthead transducer test and it checked out okay. So I bought a used ST60 display on line and replaced my ST60+ display that was reading 0.0 wind speed. The used replacement display reads the wind speed perfectly with my existing transducer and cable. I have switched back and forth between wind displays to make sure it was not a cable connection issue. My original ST60+ display always reads 0.0, and the used replacement ST60 reads good wind speed every time I connected it.
The ST60 (not+) wind display does not match the ST60+ depth and boat speed displays already on the boat. I did not pay attention and realize I had ST60+ displays when I bought the used ST60 (not+) wind display on line, and that there is a difference in their appearance. I just wanted to get a working wind display on the boat for the next race.
I am really hoping to get my original, matching ST60+ wind display that will only read 0.0 wind speed repaired and installed back on the boat. Can I send it in for repair? Does Raymarine still support the ST60+ model instrument displays?
06-10-16, 10:03 AM
GBay360,

Unfortunately, Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service ST60/ST60+ instruments. That said, you should be able to remove the fascia and key mat from the ST60 Wind Instrument and then then replace these items with the fascia and key mat from the ST60+ Wind Instrument.
06-12-16, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-16 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck, that was going to be my next question. I will try to get the fascia and key mat switched over next chance I get.
06-13-16, 02:30 PM
You're welcome.