Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics Upgrade
03-10-20, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-20 03:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Electronics Upgrade
I am trying to upgrade my electronics and have started by specifying the transducer I want to use, an Airmar TM260. Airmar compatibility show a Raymarine CP470. I also want to have side scan sonar and downvision. A place called the Factory Outlet Store is offering a CP200 that has downvision, https://rm.factoryoutletstore.com/detail...emid=97857
They say what the CP200 they are selling has both, but I don’t see that on the Raymarine website. I am not sure if they are correct.

For the MFD it looks like I have to go with the LightHouse II operating system. I like the e series MFD displays. They offer downvision in case the CP200 advertised as having downvision by The Factory Outlet (which is not a Raymarine store) does not have downvision.

Summing things up I would be running a CP 470 connected to the Airmar TM260, a CP200 and transducer with every thing connected to an E series MFD, if that is possible. There is a conflict in specifications between the 600 watt output of the E series displays and the 1000 watt output of the CP470.

That is my question, can I do all of this this?

Thanks for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-20, 03:49 PM
RE: [CA11] Electronics Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chessyman,

Please note that the Factory Outlet Store is not an authorized Raymarine dealer. The TM260 is not a CHIRP transducer and is therefore not designed for use with a CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module. 1kW 50kHz/200kHz TM260 transducers which have been specifically manufactured by Airmar, Inc. for use with Raymarine products will need to be interfaced to a CP370 Fishfinder Sounder Module, which in turn will be interfaced to the MFD. Raymarine has produced four generations of E/e-Series MFDs having names beginning "E" or "e". Please identify the specific model of "E" series MFD (or its product ID) which this thread concerns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply