Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Elemet HV questions
03-16-20, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-20 09:30 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Elemet HV questions
Is it true that the Element HV devices can't:
- save sonar logs, so customers can "replay" it offline and test some adjustments? (like in demo mode) (or only with a Navionics map istalled / which would be very crazy)
- work with mobile apps such as RayViewer, RayControl, allthough it has full WIFI implemented (but connection to WLAN is not possible because password is not known)? Port 8080 (normally same as port 80) is opened. Maybe there is a webserver behind it that could allow download of user data? Would be VERY nice!
- display screenshots?
- be connected via WIFI to download screenshots, configuration, tours, tracks, etc.? A simple FTP server on Android is nowerdays not that difficult, you know that? :)

Some first disappointments I made with my new Element HV that will take me away from Raymarine products.
Why you (Raymarine) don't give us (customer) these simple features that almost every other fishfinder has implemented? Especially for that money!
One very big Bug is (only my device???) that the Element measures 0.6V too much than it is really powered on. If the manual says it works from 8 to 16V than that should be true. So I have to castrate my 4S Lipo by a lot of mAh to use it with the Element. :(

And that's only the first negative impressions I made. Hope there wont be much more...don't forgett, we have 2020 and the mentioned features are standard the days...

Are there any tasks in your pipeline to implement some of these missing features?

regards
Oschi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-20, 09:41 AM
RE: [LW11] Elemet HV questions
Dear Oschi,

Thank you for your post.

Is it true that the Element HV devices can't:

- save sonar logs, so customers can "replay" it offline and test some adjustments? (like in demo mode) (or only with a Navionics map istalled / which would be very crazy)
Are you referring to the Bathymetric charts available in Lighthouse charts on the Navionics Sonarchart live? Both of these features are available but have different functions.

The Element is not currently able to connect wirelessly to any mobile device apps, however we are currently working on a new app that the Element will be able to sync with. I cannot give a precise timeframe to the release of the mobile app but we hope to have it with you this year.

What supply voltage is the Element displaying and what reading are you comparing this too? Are you seeing voltages outside of the 8-16v as stated in the manual

Please email me at support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply