Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Saved Route Filename error?
03-17-20, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-20 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Saved Route Filename error?
I have an AXIOM Pro 16 running LH3 version 3.11.42.

I have been having trouble saving individual routes. I can save all routes and some individual routes.
BUT I have one route called "Outward" and another called Out-Bribie-Moreton.

When I exported these last 2 to a 32g SD card looked at them with a text editor on my PC either the Out-Bribie-Moreton.GPX or the Outward.GPX one would be corrupt.
I deleted them and exported the same files from my Axiom. I suspect whichever of the 2 files I exported last corrupted the other.

I scanned the 32g card using windows and it found one was cross linked.
I already had copies of all the other files on the card (mainly PDF files), so I did a FULL format using windows (NTFS file system).

I copied the PDF files back but not the individual GPX files.
I exported the routes from the axiom and the "Outward.GPX file was OK "Out-Bribie-Moreton.GPX was listed but not readable (windows reported "file not found".) I deleted the file as well as the Outward.GPX file

I again exported the routes from the axiom but this time I renamed the file "Out-Bribie-Moreton" to "OutBribieMORETON"

It may be pure coincidence but I think the two "-" in the file name caused something. The saved routes containing all the routes have 1,2 or 3 "_" in the file name

I think the google wiki for Android says not to use "_" in file names but it is only an advisory for readability. It seems to indicate that "-" is acceptable.

I was very careful to eject the card each time before removing it from both Axiom Pro & Windows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-20, 01:18 AM
RE: [TG11] Saved Route Filename error?
Hello BernieK,

Thanks for reporting this. I've not come across - or would expect - any limitations on either of those formats of filenames or route names, both hyphens and underscores, and I haven't been able to replicate any problems in a quick trial here. If you'd like to send me an archive of data that triggers the problem I'd be happy to have a look.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
03-26-20, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-20 05:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Saved Route Filename error?
Tom
Thanks for the quick reply.
Please find attached the complete archive. Unfortunately, I didn't save the faulty files.
Stay well
cheers
Bernie