Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] installer bailed on complete upgrade
03-31-20, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] installer bailed on complete upgrade
So need a little help here my installer bailed last minute and I'm doing a complete electronics upgrade on my own.
I'm not new to doing most everything on the boat but i Do have some questions.
Here is what I have
2) axiom 12RV ( Cocpit)
MK-10
1) axiom 7 nav+(bridge)
seatalk starter kit
2) HS5
2) ray net 5M cables
4KW magnum radar
C/P 570
R109LM 2KW transducer
Evolution AP
Flir MD625 ( I know I need an encoder and some cables for this already ordered an axis m7011 and RJ45-raynet and an RJ45-RJ45 and an additional poi)
Icom 506

So far I have the radar mounted and the cables run down to the helm and the axiom 7 mounted.

so the questions are
1) does everything talk though the sea talk or the HS5s?
2) what would I have to hook up to get the axiom 7 to have chart and sonar? that is all I really need up there.
And is the rest kind of plug and play or self explanatory?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-20, 10:02 AM
RE: [CA11] installer bailed on complete upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum NL Empty Pockets,

General comment. Please note that the detailed installation guides for MFDs and other other Raymarine products are commonly not included within the product's package due to the nature of change (particularly software based features) within products. The latest Raymarine product documentation, including detailed installation guides may be accessed / downloaded via Raymarine's Manuals & Documents web page.

Q1) does everything talk though the sea talk or the HS5s?
A1. Negative. Only compatible devices featuring an Ethernet network (RayNet, SeaTalkhs, RJ45) communications interface will be networked through the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switches. In this case, the three Axiom MFDs and CP570 will each be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable which will be interfaced to the Magnum Radar will be interfaced to the VCM100 Voltage Control Module and to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The video encoder will also be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable.. The Gigabit ports of the HS5 RayNet Network Switches will be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be installed and it will need to have a sufficient number of spur sockets to permit the Evolution autopilot components (typically 3), Data Master MFD, and VHF radio to each be interfaced as spurs to the backbone. Please click here to view the web page listing Raymarine's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 networking components.

Q2) what would I have to hook up to get the axiom 7 to have chart and sonar? that is all I really need up there.
A2) The repeater MFDs need only be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch and to power. All system resources will then be shared with the repeater displays.

Q3. And is the rest kind of plug and play or self explanatory?
A3. Upon reading the installation guides and following the examples found therein, you should be all set. Those who are comfortable with home and automobile electrical work should find that they are up to the challenge of powering and networking the equipment. Should you need onboard assistance, it is recommended that you look for any other Certified Raymarine Installers who may be in your area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply