Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SmartPilot Wireless Remote Data Missing
03-24-20, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-20 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] SmartPilot Wireless Remote Data Missing
Hello,

I am not sure why, perhaps its all the changes I have done to my system architecture recently, but although the Pilot remote does control the pilot, none of the pages contain any seatalk data anymore...ie depth, speed etc..it used to work but not sure what I have done that would cause it..

Please reference the current system schematic...am I going to have to re-install the NG converter?...geez....

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-20, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-20 01:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] SmartPilot Wireless Remote Data Missing
Jeff,

Early SPX autopilot software would not support data bridging between SeaTalkng and SeaTalk. Any chance of correcting the issue without changing how the wireless base station has been interfaced to the system would required that the SPX autopilot course computer be operating with v3.05 software. Alternately and should this not resolve the issue, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would need to be installed as backbone component, and the wireless autopilot controller would instead need to be interfaced to the SeaTalk (yellow) port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The latter is the same method used to interface Raymarine's wireless autopilot controllers to Evolution autopilots.
03-25-20, 07:08 PM
Understood...I think..

Are you saying that I can update the S/W in the X30 to enable this data?
If so is this something that I can do?

Alternatively, can I connect a NG adapter cable (A06047) to the unused port of the P70r Pilot Controller to the D244 then then to the RF base? (instead of how it is now)

Jeff
03-26-20, 07:17 AM
Jeff,

Q1. Are you saying that I can update the S/W in the X30 to enable this data?
A1. Indeed this is a possibility. Early software for the SPX pilots would only bridge (between SeaTalkng and SeaTalk) data necessary for the autopilot to perform autopilot specified functions.

Q2. If so is this something that I can do?
A2. Should you have access to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, C/E-Series Widescreen, or A/E-Series Classic MFD, then one of these MFDs may be temporarily interfaced to the backbone to update the SPX autopilot's software. Unfortunately, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs cannot update SPX autopilot software. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing options for updating the software within a device when no compatible MFD is installed within the system.

Q3. Alternatively, can I connect a NG adapter cable (A06047) to the unused port of the P70r Pilot Controller to the D244 then then to the RF base? (instead of how it is now)
A3. Negative. Data bridging requires the computations and actions of a microprocessor based device, rather than a simple cable. The the i70/i70S MFIDs and p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS autopilot control heads can support SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communication or SeaTalk communications, they are not designed to support both simultaneously (i.e. data bridging). This function is performed by an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.