Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
03-25-20, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-20 07:05 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
This is a new Axiom 9 installation and the estimated Fuel Remianing just shows Dashes.
I have set the Total Fuel Capacity = 640 Litres
I have set the Fuel Manager to use the Fuel Rate from PGN127489 (using the Detect Fuel Messages)
I have set All Tanks Full (even though they aren't)
So having used a very small amount of fuel I would expect "Est Fuel Remaining" to be 640 or very close. Instead it just shows the dashes as though it hasn't been populated, so I'm puzzled.
Engines are 2xKAMD300 each with a Yacht Devices Engine Gateway (YDES04) onto the N2K network to which the Axiom is connected. There is also A Yacht Devices Voyage Recorder (YDVR04) which shows that the engine is sending fuel flow rate data & the Axiom does show some fuel used - see attachments.
Hopefully I haven't missed a configuration step out
Axiom is running LH 3.11.42
Engine Gateways are at latest release

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-20, 12:04 PM
RE: [LW11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
Dear DavInDevon,

Can you record a NMEA2000 log and send it to me at support.uk@raymarine.com

The engines will need to be running, from the HOMESCREEN > Settings > network > in the diagnostics menu you will see the ability to record the NMEA2000 log on to your sd card. Record this for about 30 seconds.

This will assist is with ensuring the data is on the network.

Many Thanks
Louise
03-28-20, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-20 10:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Louise,
With the Coronavirus lockdown in the UK it will be some weeks before I can access the vessel.
However I do have 10 mins of Yacht Devices Diagnostics taken separately at the same time from each engine whilst running - this is in the form of a .txt file for each engine and shows a timestamp, PGN and data.
The fuel flow data from those .txt files has also been decoded within an Excel spreadsheet by Yacht Devices Support.
The YD Voyage Recorder on the network also shows receipt of fuel flow data.
Additionally on the Axiom I created a custom Dashboard Page "MyEngines" which contains for each engine - RPM, Fuel Rate, Boost Pressure, Engine Hours, Coolant Temp and Alternator Potential - with the engines running I can see the fuel rate being displayed so it is definately on the network and getting to the Axiom

So in summary - YD support have confirmed that Fuel Flow data is on the network and my own observation of my custom page shows the Fuel rate being displayed whilst the engines are running.

I have attached a 'cut down' version of the Port .txt YD diagnostic log and anotated the first 3 occurances of the fuel rate PGN, hopefully this will be of use.

Attached File(s)
.txt  YDESLOG_PORT_Extract.TXT (Size: 198.31 KB / Downloads: 118)
04-23-20, 09:06 AM
Dear DaveinDevon,

I have sent you a private message and please update with your findings once out on the water.

Many Thanks
Louise