Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e97 multifunction display not reading navionics card?
03-27-20, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-20 11:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e97 multifunction display not reading navionics card?
my RM e97 (eSeries) is not reading my navionics card with detail. It shows a very rough chart but not the detailed chart, which I just updated to make sure it was not a chart issue.

I am not sure if it's not reading the SD card (navionics) correctly or if it is a disk slot issue.

It has done this off and on since I've owned the unit and I can no more figure out why it does it vs why it magically starts reading the detailed navionics chart correctly.

PS I also reset the MFD recently
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-20, 12:27 PM
RE: [CA11] e97 multifunction display not reading navionics card?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. It has done this off and on since I've owned the unit and I can no more figure out why it does it vs why it magically starts reading the detailed navionics chart correctly.
A. The reported symptom may be indicative of having incorrectly configured the Chart application page's / panes' Chart Selection setting (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION) to utilize the type of chart chart card within the MFD's memory card reader (i.e. Navionics Nautical Chart in your case). This symptom may also be indicative of dirty contacts of the chart card (clean w/alchohol and a soft cloth), a faulty chart card reader (test the MFD's memory card reader, or a faulty / corrupted chart card (contact Navionics (508-291-6000) for guidance). Should the MFD's memory card reader be determined to be faulty or intermittent, then it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply