Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120 Classic and Navionics CF/NAV+NI
03-29-20, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-20 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E120 Classic and Navionics CF/NAV+NI
Hi, I have two Raymarine E120 Classics with the most recent software update.

I have three cards of areas that I have navigate, all the way from Boston to Florida. One of them is a CF/905+ (US Mid Atlantic & Canyons). It is a 16GB capacity card, I did not have any issues using this card.

My major problem is that I plan to do the Great Loop in a couple of years. So I would also need to navigate the Erie Canal, Great Lakes, Trent-Severn in Canada, the canal from Chicago to the Mississippi River, Kentucky Lake, Ten-Tom, Tennessee River, Tombigbee River, Mobile River, and the coast of the Gulf of Mexico to Florida.

1) Can the E120 read the 16GB CF card as supplied with a CF/NAV+NI card?

2) Can I purchase the CF/NAV+NI card and download all of these areas, or just some of them?

Thanks... Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-20, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-20 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] E120 Classic and Navionics CF/NAV+NI
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Q1) Can the E120 read the 16GB CF card as supplied with a CF/NAV+NI card?
A1) Yes. However, as indicated within the FAQ found here, the CF/NAV+NI chart card cannot be populated with more than 2GB of nautical charts. Failure to heed this limitation will prevent the MFD from using cartography stored on the MFD and may cause the MFD's software to perform in an unstable manner.

Q2) Can I purchase the CF/NAV+NI card and download all of these areas, or just some of them?
A2) When updated with the Navionics Chart Installer application, the chart card's contents may be erased by the owner and re-populated with cartography for another area ... again no more than 2GB of nautical charts should be stored on the chart card. The question concerning availability of the CF/NAV+NI chart card is a better question for Navionics (508-291-6000). As untimely as it might be, you may have just missed the boat for being able to purchase these chart card. As had been indicated by Navionics more than year ago, the balance of the remaining inventory of these chart cards had been sold to West Marine and Radar Marine, Inc. (360.733.2012). I believe that you will find that Navionics is no longer offering CF memory based chart cards.
04-03-20, 04:15 PM
Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. I happened to find one of these cards from West Marine and purchased it. I should get it by Tuesday.
Hopefully Navionics will honor the rebate with an older Platinum plus card.
Peter
04-03-20, 04:28 PM
You're welcome.