Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] correct adapter for transducer
04-01-20, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-20 10:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] correct adapter for transducer
Hello

We are trying to adapt a old dsm 300, the radar style plug "I believe it to be a b60" to a new axiom pro rv. Can you tell me the part number for the correct adapter.

We have a A80489 and while it will plug in on both ends it does not work. Tech support told us the one we have is for non pro models of axiom.

I have been told that there is a chart of sorts that shows compatibility between all the adapters. Do you have any idea what I speak of. If so can you send it to me or point me in the right direction. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-20, 10:29 AM
RE: [CA11] correct adapter for transducer
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum dustinzstingray,

Please respond with a photograph of the transducer's identification tag which clearly shows all information printed on the tag in order that we may positively identify the variant of B60 transducer which you are seeking to adapt.
04-01-20, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-20 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
See attachments

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-01-20, 01:11 PM
dustinzstingray,

According to Airmar's Transducer Cross Reference the subject transducer is the Airmar branded version of a B60 transducer which was designed to be directly mated to the transducer socket of a CP370, CP300, DSM300, DSM30, or DSM250. The subject transducer may be

- adapted (part# A80489) to alone be mated to the Transducer socket of an Axiom RV MFD; or

- adapted (part# A80485) to alone be mated to the Transducer socket of an Axiom DV MFD; or

- adapted (part# A80496) to alone be mated to the 1K Transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Please be certain that you are utilizing the correct adapter part number for the model of MFD which the transducer will be interfaced to.
04-02-20, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 07:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the information. So if we have an axiom pro S there are no options to adapt a radar plug transducer to that unit??
04-02-20, 07:53 AM
dustinzstingray,

Q. So if we have an axiom pro S there are no options to adapt a radar plug transducer to that unit?
A. Correct. The internal fishfinder circuitry of an Axiom Pro S MFD is exclusively designed for use with a CPT-S transducer. In order to utilize the currently installed 50kHz/200kHz transducer, the Axiom Pro S MFD would need to be networked to one of the following, which in turn will be interfaced to the 50kHz/200kHz transducer:
- a CP370 ClearPulse Fishfinder Sonar Module
- a RVX1000 RealVision Sonar module (requires the A80496 Adapter)
- an Axiom DV MFD (requires the A80485 Adapter)
- an Axiom DV MFD (requires the A80489 Adapter)
- An Axiom Pro RVX MFD (requires the A80496 Adapter)
04-02-20, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Alright thanks again for your help. Much appreciated
04-02-20, 09:21 AM
You're welcome.