Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Integrating Axiom 9 with ST60 and GX1400
04-15-20, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-20 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Integrating Axiom 9 with ST60 and GX1400
Hi,

I just purchased an Axiom 9 that I'll be installing on my boat and would like to ensure I have it setup correctly. My goals are to have the ST60 send depth and speed data to the Axiom and have the Axiom send GPS to the Standard Horizon GX1400. In the future, I'd like to send my engine data to be displayed on the Axiom. I've sketched out what I think the setup would look like with the ST1 to STNG and VHF to STNG converters. Does this look right and would I need to power each converter or just one of them.

Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-20, 03:56 PM
RE: [CA11] Integrating Axiom 9 with ST60 and GX1400
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum aneckar1,

Nice job with the diagram. As you have indicated therein, a pair of SeaTalkng to SeaTalkng Converters (E22158 for the VHF Radio and E70196 for the ST60 instrument) will be required. However, only one SeaTalkng Power Cable will be used. Additionally, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable is supplied with the E70196 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit, making it unnecessary to purchase another. Indeed, should you have an engine system supporting SmartCraft communications, then a SmartCraft backbone would need to exist or be added on the engine side. The SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway would then be used to interfaced the engine system to the marine electronics. An A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter will be required to adapt the engine gateway's DeviceNet (M) plug to be mated to a spur socket within the backbone.
04-16-20, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-20 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck for the sanity check! Since only one of the converters needs to be powered could I simplify this setup by removing the VHF to STng converter and keeping the VHF converter cable but run two backbone cables from the ST1 to STng hub to T-connectors, one with the VHF to STng adapter running to the T and the other with the DeviceNet to STng running to the NMEA gateway? Or must the VHF converter cable connect to the yellow port on the converter? Reason I ask is the spur and converter cable ends look the same. Updated diagram attached to show what I'm trying to ask.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-16-20, 09:09 AM
aneckar1,

Q1. could I simplify this setup by removing the VHF to STng converter and keeping the VHF converter cable but run two backbone cables from the ST1 to STng hub to T-connectors, one with the VHF to STng adapter running to the T and the other with the DeviceNet to STng running to the NMEA gateway?
A1. Negative.

Q2. Or must the VHF converter cable connect to the yellow port on the converter?
A2. Correct.