Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Forgets Settings
06-13-16, 08:45 PM
Wireless Forgets Settings
After install v17 and you connect to local wi-fi network. then turn off the MFD (in this case a e147) and turn the MFD back on, it does not re-connect automatically to the network and you have to manually connect it to the wi-fi network. Additionally you have to re-enter the network password. Any chance of getting this fixed? I believe in v15 and v16 this wasnt an issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-16, 10:15 AM
RE: Wireless Forgets Settings
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jeokeefe,

Please note that I have tested this on my own system and have been unable to duplicate the reported issue. It is recommended that your waypoint, route, and track data be backed up to a microSD memory card, that your systems settings be manually recorded, and that a System Settings and Data Reset then be performed to address the problem. If after restoring your waypoint, route, and track data and manually re-configuring your MFD(s) settings, the problem persists, then please respond IP address and password of the Wi-Fi access point?
06-15-16, 01:01 PM
I did not factory reset as requested because the problem is happening on my new e147, e145 and a9. same issue on all of them. I power off via holding the power button (3 seconds) and then when I power them back up, the wifi page gives me the status of "Connect to Network:". I then select my network and I am prompted for the password (again). After I put in the password, it connects, no problem. Here is my setup:

SSID: Out of Africa
Router IP: 192.168.45.1
PW: abcdef7276
06-15-16, 03:15 PM
jeokeefe,

Thanks for the additional requested information. The recommendation to perform a factory reset was to address the possibility that a system-wide configuration setting may be responsible for the reported issue. As I cannot reproduce this problem within my multi-MFD it is recommended that the previous recommendation to perform the reset be attempted to correct this issue.