Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics Platinum + Subscription Issue
06-14-16, 11:05 AM
Navionics Platinum + Subscription Issue
Hi Chuck,

This was a reply in another thread that I thought deserved it's own thread. The issue is that the subscription information on my Platinum + card (when choosing a chart in the Chart application) indicates that I do not have an active subscription. After the software command to eject the SD card all works fine until I reboot the system. Please see the details below and let me know if you need me to resend the supporting image files.

I did some troubleshooting over the weekend and I can reproduce the issue consistently. Here are some updated details that will hopefully allow you to decipher what may be causing my problem.

I once again refreshed the Navionics Platinum + card with the freshest data and powered off the laptop before ejecting the card. I had no issues reading or updating the card on my laptop with the Navionics application.

I put the micro SD card (in SD2) and then powered on my Raymarine a125. Upon booting it showed I had a valid Navionics subscription - see image "Power on Boot Screen.JPG". As you can see from the image my card was refreshed on 06/04/2016, my subscription does not expire until 12/22/16 and I am running the very lasted firmware/software for my a125 of 17.45.

Then I opened the chart application and it shows the chart with the visual overlays (feature of Platinum +) and seems be working just fine. However; I am not able to do the dock-to-dock auto-routing and other features that require a valid subscription to Navionics. Choosing menu/presentation/select chart and it appears that it is confused about my Navionics chart card and that my Sonar chart card does not have a active subscription. See the attached image "Select Chart.PNG" which shows my Sonar chart does not have an active subscription and my Navionics card does not even reflect that it is a 674P+.

Now - I close the chart application and from "My Data" menu I choose to eject SD2 (I don't actually remove the card) - wait for it to say it is safe to remove and then click on OK. Now when I go back to my chart and then menu option /presentation/select chart everything looks perfect and my dock-to-dock works without a hitch. Please the image "Select Chart after eject SD2.png" and you can see full details with valid subscriptions on both my nautical chart and sonar chart. It continues to work fine until I power off and then back on again. Every time the function to eject SD2 works (I don't have to actually remove the micro SD card) to resolve the problem. It appears to only fail after rebooting (power off then back on)

It seems to me that something is blocking the Raymarine software/firmware from properly reading card until I select eject SD2.

FYI: the same exact issue is present if the card is in SD1 and no card exists in SD2 or in any of my other Raymarine MFD's.

I hope this provides enough insight into a solution.

Kindest regards, Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-16, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 11:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Navionics Platinum + Subscription Issue
JNelson,

Thanks for the additional information on this subject. A problem report has been logged to seek correction of this feature within the next a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update. As you and others have suggested, using the Eject Card feature and then re-inserting the chart card into the MFD's memory card reader generally corrects the problem. I have also witnessed a variation of this problem involving a Platinum Plus Chart card with an active and recently (within the last two weeks) updated subscription which is inserted into the reader of a non-Data Master MFD within the system. In the case of the latter, the Data Master MFD's Chart application reports the symptoms which you have reported, while the non-Data Master MFD is able to command Dock to Dock auto-routing.
06-14-16, 12:03 PM
Many thanks for the insight and response. FYI; In my case; I don't have to actually remove and re-insert. All I have to do is select the option to eject and then everything works fine.

Have a great day!

Jeff
06-14-16, 02:16 PM
Thank you.
06-15-16, 04:23 PM
I had a similar situation. I did the 17.45 update, updated all of my NG network components to their latest firmware, and then I purchased a Navionics+ chart chip and downloaded all of the chip updates. When I opened the Navionics Sonarcharts, I could use them without problem, but none of the advanced features were available (the advanced menu items were all ‘greyed out’ and wouldn’t respond). I tried doing the chip eject and then re-insertion as well as several other things, but none of that resolved the problem.
I found out that if I boot my e97 first and then turn on the NG system (i70’s, p70, ev1, itc5, seatalk/seatalk ng converter), all work fine and the advanced features are functioning. Turn on the NG system and then boot the e97, and the advanced features won’t work.
It seems like the chart subscription process in the software is a bit quirky.
06-16-16, 04:45 PM
Same here.
e95 on first I have Dock To Dock Autorouting.
Instruments on first, then e95 I only have Auto Routing option.
If I Eject mSD (but leave it in) then select Navionics I get Dock To Dock back.
06-16-16, 05:49 PM
Hello:

I have an E-95 below at my chart table and an E-125 at the helm. I also have two P-70's and two I-70's at the helms. I do not have the ability to start my E-95 or E-125 independently of the rest of my systems, including my seatalk or radar. Ill be traveling to Annapolis from my home in Voorhees NJ on Friday evening. I'll test the system out then and see how my new Navionics card works. I had updated it as of last night but will update it again now just in case they patched a fix into it. I have also updated all my systems to 17.45 last week. I was excited to try out my new Dock to Dock but now I'm not so sure of the results I would get.

I'll post my findings tomorrow evening.

Big Moe
06-17-16, 09:42 AM
Noted.
06-18-16, 02:23 PM
Wink RE: Navionics Platinum + Subscription Issue
Hello:

I drove to Annapolis from New Jersy last evening and installed my new Navionics Platinum + card. I already updated all my electronics to the 17.45 platform. I have an E95 and E125 along with two i70's and two P70's and digital radar. Everything worked fine including my Dock to Dock Auto Routing. All the new additional systems are a go. I made several routes, tested them and saved them. I shut the system down and repowered it may times.

No problems or issues
06-20-16, 10:13 AM
Noted.