Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No autopilot after R17 update
06-28-16, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-16 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: No autopilot after R17 update
This seems daunting and probably beyond my time constraints and capabilities. Is there an easier way to isolate the ACU300 other than individually unplugging all my devices? Could I get some seatalk cable and connect the mfd directly to the ACU to attempt the update? Finally, the ACU is still under warranty. At what point can I make a claim? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-16, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-16 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Night Heron,

Product software updates are generally not covered by warranty unless performed by Raymarine's Product Repair Center. It is certainly possible to unplug the MFD and ACU from the currently installed backbone and then interface these two items via a simple backbone created for this purpose. A simple backbone may be constructed from the following components:

- A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- A06031 SeaTalkng Termination Plugs x 2
- A06049 SeaTalkng Power Cable - may be deleted should the ACU300's SeaTalkng power switch be configured to the ON position
- a SeaTalkng Spur Cables of appropriate length to interface the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.
- R12112 SeaTalkng to SPX Course Computer Cable (molded)
06-30-16, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-16 09:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I'll give the simple backbone a try. I can't locate a seller of the R12112 cable, so i plan to use the one attached to the unit and attach it to the temporary backbone. Please let me know if that is a bad idea.
06-30-16, 09:03 AM
NightHeron,

Q: I can't locate a seller of the R12112 cable, so i plan to use the one attached to the unit and attach it to the temporary backbone. Please let me know if that is a bad idea.
A: This is indeed acceptable. It is recommended that any required SeaTalkng components be borrowed from the current system instead of purchasing new ones.
07-02-16, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-16 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Unfortunately the direct hookup failed to fix the ACU300. I had it directly connected to the MFD and it did not show as a device. I think its time for a pro......

Thanks for walking me through the troubleshooting
07-05-16, 09:25 AM
You're welcome.