Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P70R Black Screen - Won't Power On
06-25-16, 10:54 PM
P70R Black Screen - Won't Power On
Can't get my P70R to power on. Can't locate a way to reboot/reset either. Help is appreciated. Is there a key command or sequence to hold that will restart the P70R? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-16, 07:46 AM
RE: P70R Black Screen - Won't Power On
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum drousso,

It is recommended that you verify that source of power for the SeaTalkng backbone has been switched ON. If so, then it is recommended that the SeaTalkng spur cable be unplugged from the p70R and that it be tested to ensure that 12VDC is present across the plug's +12VDC and -12VDC pins. The pin-out for SeaTalkng cables may be found here. If power is found to be present, then the cable should be reconnected to the p70R. After doing so, it is recommended that the left edge of the p70R's POWER button be held pressed for approximately 6 seconds. Should not audible beep be heard, then the p70R should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked/serviced. Should an audible beep be heard, then it is indicating that the p70R is either being switched ON or OFF. When the p70R's backlight level is configured to a very low level, its display may not be visible when viewed in sunlight. When the p70R is in the ON state, momentarily pressing the right side of the p70R's POWER button will display the current backlight level and permit the p70R's backlight level to be increased by rotating its rotary knob clockwise. Should this fail to make the p70R's screen visible and the p70R is in the ON power state, then is ti recommended that the p70R be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked /serviced.
07-01-16, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-16 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
There are two SeaTalkNG ports on the back of the P70R. I pulled the cable and moved it to the other port and it powered on and is fully operational. When I move the cable back to the other port, it becomes non functional. So, when the season ends, I'll take the head out and send it in for repair. It's bunk... Thanks for the advice... led me to a solution that works.
07-05-16, 08:55 AM
You're welcome.