Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercruiser to E80 Classic wiring?
06-27-16, 06:23 PM
Mercruiser to E80 Classic wiring?
I am attempting to add digital read out of my two Merc 2007 496 Mag engines. I have a 2007 Formula 34 PC with dual Mercs. I'd like to read RPM, Fuel Flow, etc at my E80 Classic display. Attached are the components I've put together to do so. Right now, the Starboard Engine displays under the Port Engine on the Twin Engine display panel, and the Port Engine doesn't register at all. When I went to my local Merc repair shop, I thought they had correctly set the engines for port/starboard. They also mentioned there's four positions -- inner and outer for each of port/starboard. To what engine position should the engines be set? Any other thoughts why this isn't reading correctly?
Thanks!
Rick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-16, 01:47 PM
RE: Mercruiser to E80 Classic wiring?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Raymarine MFDs adhere the NMEA 2000 instance numbering convention for more than one instance of type of device when such devices are installed across the width of the hull. Within this convention, instance number 0 will be assigned to the device which is fully to port. Then instance numbers will then incrementally increase from port to starboard. Accordingly, the instance numbers which should be assigned to a boat with three engines would be as follows:
- port engine: 0
- center engine: 1
- starboard engine: 2
06-28-16, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-16 12:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. Merc doesn't number engine location, rather has names. Port, Starboard, Port Inner, Starboard Inner. Any idea what the Merc engine locations translate to with respect to numbers?
06-29-16, 12:54 PM
Rick,

In a two engine system, the port engine would be engine instance 0, and the starboard engine would be engine instance 1.